With the addition of five new Yelp Platform partners, including Whittl, TicketNetwork, delivery.com for laundry, Peek.com and foodjunky, it’s now easy to book appointments, schedule services, and buy things directly on Yelp from more than 100,000 local businesses. People can purchase tickets to sporting events and concerts, schedule laundry pickup or delivery, order food from even more restaurants, and book brewery tours, go swimming with sharks, discover an underground art scene and so much more! Here’s more about our new transaction partners:
- Whittl: An online booking service that brings salons, spas, and other personal care businesses onto Yelp for appointment booking, like Spa Soak in Chicago.
- TicketNetwork: One of the nation’s leading online ticket marketplaces, TicketNetwork enables Yelp users to purchase high quality, sought after tickets for concerts, sports and theater events at thousands of venues, like the Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati, directly on Yelp.
- delivery.com for laundry: Outsource your dirty work with pick up and delivery for laundry services from local businesses like JC Eco Laundry in Jersey City.
- Peek.com: Peek.com is a one-stop shop for travelers and locals to book amazing tours and activities.
- foodjunky: Order food or get delivery right from a Yelp business page through foodjunky.com.
Booking through Whittl, TicketNetwork and delivery.com for laundry is live on Yelp now, with Peek.com and foodjunky rolling out in the next few weeks.
How it Works
It’s easy to book right from the Yelp app or site. When searching Yelp, you’ll see the “Book Online” button with participating businesses, or you can simply filter by places that take online bookings for certain categories, like restaurants and spas.
Yelp Platform has taken off since we launched the service in 2013, starting off with food ordering and delivery and adding winery tours, spa sessions, golf tee-times, activities, table reservations, flower ordering, and more. In 2015 alone, consumers transacted more than 2.5 million times on Yelp Platform, which represents more than 150 percent growth year over year.
We’re planning to add more commerce partners to Yelp Platform in the coming months. Our goal is to make Yelpers’ lives easier by offering a one stop shop for local, all while making Yelp a larger revenue driver for local businesses and helping them succeed in connecting with their customers.
I’ll be speaking at Street Fight Summit West tomorrow on how Yelp’s partnerships drive value to both consumers and businesses as a model for the industry. Make sure to stop by if you’re in San Francisco on June 7th.
Are you a local service provider and want to integrate your service onto Yelp Platform? Check out www.yelp.com/developers/platform or email us at email@example.com to get the conversation started.