If you feel like it’s been election season 2016 since about 1916, you’re not alone. Fortunately, the big day is almost here. Make the light at the end of the tunnel a little brighter with our best tips for making Election Day a smooth end to a bumpy ride. Just make sure you remember to vote!
- First things first: Know where your polling site is so you can plan your day! GetToThePolls.com has the answers you need.
- Use Yelp to search the neighborhood around your polling place. If you’re planning on voting in the morning, you can enjoy your morning coffee while you’re waiting in line. Voting over your lunch break? Pick up something nourishing on the way back to work. And if you’re voting in the evening — well, you might need a drink. You’ve earned it. Bookmark your favorites so it’s easy to find them later.
- If you’re not the plan-ahead type, we’ve got you covered. You can use the Nearby tab in the Yelp app while you’re in line.
- We don’t think you should take a voting booth selfie, but we definitely think you oughta look your best for a post-voting booth selfie. Check out hair salons on Yelp and book your appointment without ever leaving the app.
- Can’t wait for the results to roll in? Think about hosting an Election Day party! Save yourself at least one worry and feed your stress-eating guests with food delivery from Yelp Eat24.
- Too nervous to stick around at home? If you’re going to be on the edge of your seat, you may as well do it at a dinner table. Last-minute dinner plans are no problem with Yelp Reservations.
- Whether it’s due to celebration or commiseration, you might wake up on November 9 feeling a little green around the gills. Bookmark a nearby greasy breakfast spot and spare yourself a rough Wednesday morning.
- Remember: You can review all kinds of government agencies on Yelp! Election Day isn’t the only day of the year for getting your voice heard. Review government locations like Social Security and the DMV. Your feedback helps them improve.
— Yelp (@Yelp) October 25, 2016