From independent neighborhood java spots to established national coffee brands, Yelp helps businesses of all sizes connect with new and existing customers. To celebrate National Coffee Day on September 29, we’re recognizing the most popular regional coffee chains according to Yelp users, in our first-ever list spotlighting multi-location businesses that are making waves in their local communities.
Yelp’s data science team analyzed these regional chains, defined as coffee businesses with more than 25 locations in fewer than 25 states, to uncover where local coffee loyalties lie. From Blue Bottle to Gregory’s to Dutch Bros and many in between, the list is a “where to go” to grab your morning ‘cuppa.’
Delicious fresh brewed coffee is one of those simple luxuries that many people would never give up. To take advantage of coffee’s popularity on Yelp, national and regional coffee chains leverage Yelp Ads, such as Yelp Audiences, to reach Yelp’s high-intent audience and drive store visits or track transactions.
Top 20 Most Popular Regional Coffee Chains According to Yelp
Note: The Yelp locations linked are either the founding location for the chain, or one of the businesses within the same city the chain was founded in.
- Ziggi’s Coffee – Longmont, CO
- Black Rock Coffee Bar – Beaverton, OR
- The Human Bean – Ashland, OR
- PJ’s Coffee – New Orleans, LA
- Bad Ass Coffee – Lahaina, HI
- Blue Bottle Coffee – Oakland, CA
- Dutch Bros Coffee – Grants Pass, OR
- La Colombe Coffee – Philadelphia, PA
- Aroma Joe’s – Rochester, NH
- Tierra Mia Coffee – South Gate, CA
- Bluestone Lane – New York, NY
- Scooter’s Coffee – Bellevue, NE
- Gregorys Coffee – New York, NY
- 7 Brew Coffee – Rogers, AR
- Philz Coffee – San Francisco, CA
- Port City Java – Wilmington, NC
- Dunn Brothers Coffee – Saint Paul, MN
- Peet’s Coffee – Berkeley, CA
- Biggby Coffee – East Lansing, MI
- Joe Coffee Company – New York, NY
Methodology: The top regional coffee chains were ranked by analyzing the distribution of ratings for reviews mentioning “coffee” from July 2021 through July 2022 across all business locations. Regional coffee chains are defined as brands that offer mainly coffee, have more than 25 locations, and operate in fewer than 25 states.
If you’re a regional, chain or national business and want to learn more about how Yelp can help your business grow, read more here.