When it comes to holiday shopping, looking local is always best. Our fair city of San Francisco is chalk full of local makers, entrepreneurs and dreamers, so let’s support them this season! That said, December 1st marks the start of our awesome initiative, Yelp Shops Local! We’ve teamed up with amazing businesses ranging from breweries to chocolate shops and they are all offering up some amazing deals! So, grab a friend, hit the road and get that holiday shopping list checked off before it’s too late!
Check out this awesome list of participating businesses and make sure to check into the business to redeem their gracious offers! You can also follow this bookmark collection for faster access throughout the month!
- Flatiron Wines – Free taste of bubbles in the wine bar and 10% off your in store purchase
- Timbuk2 – Hayes Valley store is offering 20% off all regular priced items when a customer checks in on Yelp from Dec. 1 – 31.
- Foggy Notion – 15% percent off any one candle.
- Asmbly Hall – Receive 20% off your purchase when you spend $150 or more. And you will be included in our raffle for a $50 ASMBLY HALL gift card.
- Almanac Taproom – Free pint glass with purchase of beer.
- Tinyb Chocolate – Every member of the Yelp community will receive one free, made-to-order brigadeiro. Come and choose from different centers and toppings, mix and match and we’ll make one for you right there.
Business Owner Highlight!
We were also lucky enough to chat with the business owner, Renata from Tinyb Chocolate to get the inside scoop as to why they decided to start their own business!
How did you get your idea or concept for the business? “Brigadeiros are Brazil’s national treat – something all of us grow up with and love. Being Brazilian, I’m no exception. On top of that, my mother was our town’s chocolatier and I helped her for many years as I grew up. tinyB chocolate is my own personal take on this classic treat – part Brazil, part Renata and part San Francisco, of course.”
What is unique about your business? “Everything we do is freshly made and made by hand – and people can tell that it’s done with love.”