In celebration of last year’s Latinx Heritage Month, Yelp announced the Latinx-owned business attribute in partnership with Momento Latino to help people support Latinx entrepreneurs in their local communities across the country. Since its 2020 launch, more than 24,000 businesses have self-identified as Latinx-owned on Yelp, making it easier than ever for consumers to find these local businesses. In honor of Latinx Heritage Month this year, we’re sharing a list of standout Latinx-owned home and decor businesses on our platform.
Whether you’re looking for a modern sofa, Mexican folk art, a stylish planter or a colorful seagrass basket, our list of great Latinx-run businesses has got you covered.
In order to identify Latinx-owned businesses to watch across the U.S., Yelp’s data science team started by combing our data to identify businesses with the Latinx-owned business attribute in categories like “home decor,” “art galleries” and “kitchen & bath.” From the candidate businesses, we limited the list to two businesses per state, and narrowed it down through weighing a variety of factors, including a national presence, average rating and review counts. Finally, we used human curation to identify trendsetting businesses in the home space to determine the final Ones to Watch.
In addition to stellar businesses in the home and decor space, check out our Latinx-owned One’s to Watch in food and beauty in our blog post here. Businesses listed are organized alphabetically.
Yelp’s One’s to Watch 2021: Latinx-owned Home & Decor Businesses
2B Mod – Scottsdale, AZ
- Since 2004, 2B mod has been a source for modern and contemporary furniture in Arizona. Their products can also be shipped anywhere in the U.S. at 2bmod.com. It’s difficult to find a Yelp review that doesn’t mention the incredible customer service and responsiveness from owner Marcel Fouz.
Casa Ramirez Folkart Gallery – Houston, TX
- Macario Ramirez, owner of Casa Ramirez, developed a love of Mexico’s culture and craft work through his father Jesus, who had a leather and jewelry shop at the Mercado in San Antonio. Casa Ramirez Folkart Gallery has been located on West 19th St. in the Historic Houston Heights since the early 1990’s, and folks all over the country can now shop their wares online at https://casaramirez.com.
Feliz Modern – San Antonio, TX
- Co-owners Mario & Ginger Diaz both come from art and design backgrounds, and wanted to create a space for colorful local and global art, gifts, and home decor with San Antonio flavor – that would also appeal to a wider audience. The original shop on Olmos Drive opened in 2017 and has since expanded to a second location at the Historic Pearl Brewery, and an online store at felizmodern.com. Feliz Modern gives back to their city by selling products that support different organizations in the community.
Frame Monster Design Laboratory – Los Angeles, CA
- Christopher B. says, “Frame Monster has a unique and extensive collection of frame options, and their team additionally does neat work in-house with paint and other modifications. I had high expectations based on the work on their website – I am pleased to report that my expectations were met! Bravo and thanks.” Use their new online design feature at framemonster.net.
House Meraki – Denver, CO
- House Meraki is a women-owned full-service interior design firm that transforms homes through beauty and functionality, while showcasing each person’s unique personality. Yelper Jennifer W. says, “I had never used an interior designer before and they made the process easy and fun. Not to mention my place now looks amazing! They worked with me to find a style I like and the highest quality items within my budget.” You can now request a consultation from this business directly on Yelp.
KINKA – New York, NY
- Kinka offers botanical programs year-round, exhibits artwork, conducts workshops and celebrates the changing of seasons. Their one-of-a-kind hand-painted terra cotta pots are the perfect accent for any room, and their shelves are constantly stocked with low maintenance greenery to ensure options for every level of plant parent. Shop their products online at www.kinka.nyc.
Le Pouf Art – Savannah, GA
- Le Pouf Art is a woman-owned gallery that houses original artwork from portrait artist Tafy LaPlanche, who specializes in custom portraits. Traditional graphite or digital portraits are available to book at lepouf-art.com, and walk-ins are welcome and encouraged to view the space, see the artist at work, and browse limited edition prints.
Mestiza – Chicago, IL
- Mestiza was established in 2004 by artists and entrepreneurs Lorena and Sugeiri, a creative and passionate duo with a love of all things vintage, mystical, and Latinx. At Mestiza, Lorena and Sugeiri offer a unique selection of jewelry, clothing, accessories, housewares, stationery, and handmade local artisan goods. With a mixture of traditional and modern pieces, Sugeiri and Lorena curate a selection of unique Latinx products that celebrate their traditions and culture. Social consciousness is an integral part of their lives and this is why most artisan work is sourced directly from the makers or via Fair-Trade companies. Shop at www.mestizashop.com
Minimal Market – Las Vegas, NV
- Alex and Brie founded Minimal Market in the summer of 2017, in an effort to bring sustainable alternatives to everyday goods to the Vegas valley. Through principals of minimizing waste and providing quality products, the brand has evolved to curate a selection of handcrafted items and ethically sourced zero-waste alternatives, a full refill station where customers can bring their own containers to fill up on home essentials, and a milk-man style delivery system that can serve anyone in the Las Vegas valley. Shop their sustainable wares online at minimalmarketlv.com.
Plantiitas – Long Beach, CA
- Plantitas is a queer and POC-owned plant shop. This small business carries a curated collection of indoor houseplants, stylish planters, and handcrafted plant hangers. Plantiitas boasts a wide selection of some of the most stylish homewares and decor accents. Great for your personal collection or as a gift idea, you are sure to find what you need at reasonable prices in the Belmont Heights area of Long Beach, CA. Shop online at https://plantiitas.com
Rococo Floral – Somerville, MA
- Ariana A. says: “Everything about Rococo is beautiful and thoughtfully styled, from their retail space, to the arrangements themselves to the packaging. It is a beautifully curated experience that you won’t find at a chain-style florist/garden shop.” Not surprising considering the store was born out of love for the femininity of flowers and the frilliness of the Rococo French art period. Their designs are lush and bloom heavy with minimal greens, and lots of delicious layers. Shop at https://rococo-floral.myshopify.com
Share your favorite Latinx-owned home & decor businesses with us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram @Yelp!