Put 20 Yelpers in a room with OzHarvest SA and Silvia Hart from the Seasonal Garden Cafe and you have a recipe for success! Yelp Adelaide was spoilt with an Elite event like no other, combining the power of community with a chance to give back to those less priviledged than us.
Recipe To Cook For A Cause
- 20 parts Yelper to 1 part Silvia Hart
- 4 rations of OzHarvest volunteers
- $150 worth of ingredients that were heading towards their use by date
- A crap load of enthusiasm, passion and knife work skills
- Take 20 parts Yelper on a Saturday afternoon and place in the Adelaide Central Market Kitchen.
- Mix in 1 part Silvia Hart and a dash of OzHarvest fresh from SA.
- Your ingredients will start to blend into a sweet, gooey mixture of goodness, chatter and excitement as they start to figure out how you can make the most of every ingredient used in your cooking.
- Put into stacks of mixing trays and bake for 3 hours.
- Serve warm for the next 3 days to those in need at Westcare and take pride in your achievements.
Did you know?
- Australians discard up to 20% of the food they purchase, which equates
to 1 out of every 5 bags of groceries they buy.
- The average Australian
household throws away $1,036 of food each year – that’s enough pay off
your electricity bill for 6 months!
- OzHarvest rescues excess food which
would otherwise be discarded from restaurants, caterers, hospitality groups etc. This excess food is distributed to
charities supporting the vulnerable in Sydney, Newcastle, Adelaide and
- Hear more about food wastage in Australia from Silvia Hart here.
- Donate to OzHarvest SA here.
- Check out Luke S' photos from the event here.
Your Yelp Adelaid CM signing out,