Filipino American History Month is celebrated in October to help recognize the many ways that Filipino Americans have contributed significantly to American History ― from serving in World War II to strengthening our labor movement. The month has been celebrated every year since 1988 and has been recognized by President Obama and Congress.
In celebration of Filipino American History Month (FAHM) in October, we’re highlighting the best Filipino food in every state according to Yelp.
Though many states and provinces are currently in their reopening phases, the below shops are either open for dine-in or offering limited delivery, takeout, or curbside service as of September 15, 2020.
Are you ready for your Filipino food adventure?
Here is Yelp’s top Filipino restaurants in every state:
- Alaska (Anchorage): Josie’s Bakery
- Alabama (Mobile): Nanay’s Filipino Kitchen
- Arkansas (Searcy): Whilma’s Filipino Restaurant
- Arizona (Yuma): Jojo and Flor’s Cuisine
- California (Pleasanton): Bunso Breads Bakery & Cafe
- Colorado (Colorado Springs): You-Ka Cafe
- Connecticut (Norwalk): Zul Cafe and Grill
- DC (Washington): Purple Patch
- Delaware (Newark): Tagpuan Restaurant
- Florida (Cape Canaveral): Barkada Bowl
- Georgia (Savannah): Savannah Filipino Authentic Cuisine
- Hawaii (Lahaina): Kusina Ni Jayboy
- Iowa (Ankeny): Lola’s Fine Kitchen
- Illinois (Chicago): Ruby’s Fast Food
- Indiana (Fishers): Bay Area Bistro
- Kansas (Junction City): Filipino Cuisine
- Louisiana (New Orleans): Ck’s Hot Shoppe
- Massachusetts (Quincy): JNJ Turo Turo
- Maryland (Rockville): Kuya Ja’s Lechon Belly
- Michigan (Saint Clair Shores): Rice ‘n Roll
- Minnesota (Saint Paul): Manila Sizzling Wok And Grill
- Missouri (Webster Groves): Guerrilla Street Food
- Montana (Hamilton): Suzette’s Organics
- North Carolina (Jacksonville): Filipino Pho Cuisine
- Nebraska (Bellevue): Ono Pinay Kitchen
- New Jersey (Bloomfield): R & L Coffee Shop and Deli
- New Mexico (Albuquerque): Bubblicitea Cafe US
- Nevada (Las Vegas): Lefty-J’s Island Favorites
- New York (New York): Tradisyon
- Ohio (Columbus) : Bonifacio
- Oklahoma (Del City): Chibugan Filipino Cuisine
- Oregon (Portland): Tamago Bros
- Pennsylvania (Philadelphia): Perla
- Rhode Island (Warwick): Pinoy Lane To Go Authentic Filipino Cuisine
- South Carolina (Myrtle Beach): Athena’s Filipino & American Cuisine
- Tennessee (La Vergne): Maemax Market
- Texas (Houston): Flip ‘n Patties
- Utah (Sunset): Dakine Grindz Restaurant
- Virginia (Norfolk): Maymar Poke & Grill
- Vermont (Saint Johnsbury): Pica-pica Filipino Cuisine
- Washington (Seattle): Musang Seattle
- Wisconsin (Milwaukee): Meat on the Street
- West Virginia (Charles Town): Philippine’s Best Food
- Wyoming (Cheyenne): Nipa Hut
We can’t wait to hear your thoughts! Did one of your favorites not make the list? Or maybe you think our data nailed it? Share your thoughts with us on Yelp!
Don’t have Yelp on your phone yet? Download the app today and follow our newly created Best Filipino Food in Every State for Filipino American History Month Yelp Collection to have this entire list available right at the palm of your hand!
Methodology: This is an all-time list of the best Filipino food across America according to Yelp. We identified businesses in the restaurants and food categories with a large concentration of reviews mentioning “Filipino,” then ranked those spots using a number of factors including the total volume and ratings of reviews mentioning “Filipino.” When available, all businesses on this list have a passing health score as of September 15, 2020.