Yelp’s Top 50 Places to Eat is a list unlike any other “best of” out there. Sure, you’ll see your obvious local favorites on the list, but it’s also chock full of hidden gems and off-the-beaten-path joints like a drive-in hot dog and root beer joint tucked away in Ypsi. From fine dining to party stores — find them all in Yelp’s Top 50 Places to Eat in Metro-Detroit.
Did your favorite restaurant make it into the top 50? Let us know on Twitter and Instagram. Remember, we only know how good a spot is if you take the time to review it. So share your thoughts on Yelp, and maybe your favorites will be on next year’s list!
Topping this year’s best eats list is Eataliana Homemade Pasta, a 5-star Italian spot in Shelby Township offering delectable dishes for dine-in and take-out, as well as rough pastas for preparation at home.
Pro tip: You’re going to want to make a note of these spots, so we made it easy for you. For great businesses at your fingertips, get the Top 50 to-go. Follow this collection on Yelp.
- Eataliana Homemade Pasta (Shelby Township)
What they’re known for: Housemade pastas available for carry-out and dine in, or purchase some of their house-made pastas by the pound and containers of fresh made gourmet sauces to make at home.
Yelpers say: “The hype is real. Phenomenal food! Mezzemaniche was a crowd favorite. The strozzapreti, sunflower ravioli, caprese, and cannoli were all stellar. Creme brûlée is to die for.” – Nicki M
2. Ernie’s Market (Oak Park)
What they’re known for: Hefty sandwiches filled with meats, cheeses, and lots of veggies, as well as their gregarious owner, Ernie.
Yelpers say: “I’m at a loss for words. I’m never at a loss for words. I eat sandwiches and write sandwich reviews in my GD sleep. But, man, that goodness that Ernie has brought to the world has me speechless.” – Ted F
3. Graceland Party Shoppe (White Lake)
Cuisine: Sandwiches, Mediterranean, and Pizza
What they’re known for: Not just an Elvis themed party store, Graceland boasts a wide menu including gyros, oven toasted subs, Chicago style pizza, salads, and more.
Yelpers say: “Get the gyro. In fact get 2, because when you done inhaling the first one you’ll be so happy there’s another one waiting for you.” – Aleana W
4. Boostan Cafe (Hamtramck)
Cuisine: Middle Eastern
What they’re known for: Generously portioned specialties like shawarma, kebobs, and kafta, and shareables like creamy hummus, baba ghannooj, and grape leaves. Don’t miss their fresh fruit juices and smoothies.
Yelpers say: “Their fattoush is some of the best in city; always fresh, with the correct crunch vs salad ratio that is often forgotten in this traditional dish. I know, I know – you’re thinking ‘it’s salad, how bad/good can it be?’ Trust me, when it comes to fattoush, it’s all about the mix of fresh greens, the crunchiness of the khubz, and how zesty the sumac dressing is. Boostan never waivers in the quality of the mix.” – T.J. G
5. The Levant Kitchen (Canton)
Cuisine: Middle Eastern, Mediterranean
What they’re known for: Shawarma sandwiches the size of footballs, plus rice bowls, kebobs, and starters and sides like tahini cauliflower, pita chip nachos, and fried kibbe.
Yelpers say: “All I can say is wow, the reviews don’t lie. The portions are incredible, every ingredient was unbelievably fresh and full of flavor. The sauces are fantastic. The cauliflower appetizer with tahini sauce, knock your socks off good.” – Paul B
6. House of Falafel (Farmington Hills)
7. Baobab Fare (Detroit)
8. Beirut Bakery (Redford)
9. Al Tayeb Restaurant (Garden City)
10. The Goblin (Clinton Township)
11. First Bite (Ann Arbor)
12. Chadd’s Bistro (Rochester Hills)
13. Lena’s Kitchen (Wixom)
14. Sahara (Dearborn)
15. Promenade Artisan Foods (Trenton)
16. El Harissa Market Cafe (Ann Arbor)
17. Sushi Kafe (Rochester Hills)
18. Cafe Immortelle – Espresso & Tea Bar (Troy)
19. Unburger Grill (Dearborn)
20. Take Sushi (Rochester Hills)
21. Kazoku Sushi (Troy)
22. Casablanca (Ypsilanti)
23. Chickpea Kitchen (Sterling Heights)
24. Beef Daddy’s (Macomb)
25. Chartreuse (Detroit)
26. Regale Craft Food & Drink (Macomb)
27. Encuentro Latino (Ypsilanti)
28. Kabob Eden (Sterling Heights)
29. Chino Loco Taqueria (Milford)
30. The Pho Pot (Waterford Township)
31. Quepasa Taqueria (Sterling Heights)
32. The Bread & Yolk (Lake Orion)
33. Tapped Coffee & Craft Beverages (Canton)
34. Bill’s Drive-In (Ypsilanti)
35. Bao Boys (Ann Arbor)
36. Bellflower (Ypsilanti)
37. Matt & Mo’s (Hazel Park)
38. Rocco’s Italian Deli (Detroit)
39. The Sprout House Natural Foods Market (Grosse Pointe Park)
40. Monahan’s Seafood Market (Ann Arbor)
41. Spicy Slices (Novi)
42. Chili Mustard Onions (Detroit)
43. Noble Fish (Clawson)
44. Pie Sci (Detroit)
45. Honey Bee La Colmena (Detroit)
46. Biercamp (Ann Arbor)
47. 112 Pizzeria Bistro (Rochester Hills)
48. Lipuma’s Coney Island (Rochester)
49. Pho LineUp (Clinton Township)
50. Foggia’ s Pizzeria (Southgate)
Methodology: This is an all-time list of the Top Places to Eat in the Metro-Detroit area according to Yelp. We identified businesses in the restaurant category on Yelp, then ranked those spots using a number of factors, including the total volume and ratings of reviews. This list looked at businesses in and around the Metro-Detroit area. All businesses were marked open on Yelp as of June 28th, 2022. When available, all businesses on this list have a passing health score as of June 28th, 2022.