Yelp’s Top 50 Places to Eat is a list unlike any other “best of” out there. Sure, you’ll see your obvious local favorites on the list, but it’s also chock full of hidden gems and off-the-beaten-path joints like Gyros & Greens tucked away in Somers Point. From fine dining to donut shops — find them all in Yelp’s Top 50 Places to Eat down the shore.
Did your favorite restaurant make it into the top 50? Let us know on Twitter and Instagram. Remember, we only know how good a spot is if you take the time to review it. So share your thoughts on Yelp, and maybe your favorites will be on next year’s list!
Topping this year’s list is Nauti Donuts, a family-owned donut shop in Ocean City, New Jersey. Their creative menu includes favorites such as the rogue wave, captain’s french toast, and salty dog.
Pro tip: You’re going to want to make a note of these spots, so we made it easy for you. For great businesses at your fingertips, get the Top 50 to-go. Follow this collection on Yelp.
Methodology: This is an all-time list of the Top Places to Eat Down the Shore according to Yelp. We identified businesses in the restaurant and food categories on Yelp, then ranked those spots using a number of factors, including the total volume and ratings of reviews, This list looked at businesses in the Brigantine, Atlantic City, Ventnor City, Margate City, Longport, Ocean City, Somers Point, Strathmere, Sea Isle City, Avalon, Stone Harbor, Wildwood, Wildwood Crest, and Cape May area. All businesses were marked open on Yelp as of April 21, 2022. When available, all businesses on this list have a passing health score as of April 21, 2022.
Top 50 places to eat down the shore
1. Nauti Donuts (Ocean City)
What they’re known for: The Salty Dog, maple icing, pork roll, salted caramel drizzle
Yelpers say: “You can’t go wrong with anything on their menu: each donut starts as a fresh, hot, fried cake donut and is then topped while you wait… I think that this may be THE must-eat thing in Ocean City now.” – Yelp Elite, David L.
2. Poke Bowl Tropical Cafe (Atlantic City)
What they’re known for: The Seafood Harvest Poke Bowl, shrimp, tuna, salmon, shrimp mixed green, tobiko and avocado with spicy ponzu sauce.
Yelpers say: “Wow…didn’t expect to be blown away by a poke bowl place in Atlantic City but here we are. Amazing flavors, fresh fish, huge portion…literally perfect. ” – Yelp Elite, Luba P.
3. The Jellyfish Cafe (Wildwood Crest)
What they’re known for: Eggs Benedict
Yelpers say: “Mmm, mmm mmm…this is the best breakfast on the island! The food is fresh, and prepared to enjoy. The stuffed french toast was so good.” – Yelp Elite, Cory K.
4. Gyros & Greens (Somers Point)
What they’re known for: Baklava
Yelpers say: “This super casual Greek joint located in a strip mall just a few minutes from the beach is serving up some fresh, tasty traditional Mediterranean food and without a doubt, THEE best baklava we’ve ever had.” – Yelp Elite, Sari Marissa G.
5. Kohler’s Bakery (Avalon)
What they’re known for: Cream Donuts
Yelpers say: “The best mornings are Kohler’s mornings…the staff is unfailingly polite, the creme donuts are AMAZING, as are the crumb buns, the crullers, the regular donuts….you get the point, right?” – Yelp Elite, Lou C.
6. OC Surf Cafe (Ocean City)
What they’re known for: French Toast
Yelpers say: “Always a great go to when in Ocean City. The ambience is super relaxed and everyone is very friendly. It gets crowded in season so make sure you get there early. The home fries are my favorite I’m always dreaming about them.” Yelp Elite, Andrea M.
7. Sundae Best (Avalon)
Cuisine: Ice Cream
What they’re known for: Avalon Mud
Yelpers say: “I’ve been to Sundae Best a couple of times during my visits home to South Jersey and (as someone who has tried ALL of the local ice cream shops) I can easily say this place is the best place to get ice cream for a number of reasons.” Yelper, Emily D.
8. Barbera Seafood Market (Atlantic City)
What they’re known for: Flounder Sandwich
Yelpers say: “If you want the freshest and tastiest seafood that you can get Barberas is the place to go. Dominic, the owner, really knows his seafood.” – Yelp Elite, Steve K.
9. Hot Dog Tommy’s (Cape May)
Cuisine: Hot dogs
What they’re known for: all-beef Black Angus Dog (B.A.D.) on a soft deli bun
Yelpers say: “This place is a must if you’re in Cape May on a summer day. Unfortunately for my wife and I, we frequent Cape May during the other seasons and always missed out on this place. But now, I’m happy we finally got to go, because this place is worth the hype.” – Yelp Elite, James S.
10. Chef Vola’s (Atlantic City)
What they’re known for: Veal Parmagiana
Yelpers say: “This gem is one of my absolute favorite places to eat. Portions are huge and more than worth the prices! I have never had a less than fantastic experience here” – Yelp Elite, Shelby A.
11. Curry Inne (Wildwood)
12. El Alebrije Mexican Food (Wildwood Crest)
13. Cafe 2825 (Atlantic City)
14. Marsini’s Kitchen (Somers Point)
15. Bennie’s Bread (Ocean City)
16. The Washington Inn (Cape May)
17. Surfside West Diner (Wildwood)
18. Cafe Noir (Stone Harbor)
19. Hobby Horse (Ocean City)
20. Brown’s Restaurant (Ocean City)
21. Jon & Patty’s Coffee Bar and Bistro (Ocean City)
22. Magic Brain Cafe (Cape May)
23. Dock’s Oyster House (Atlantic City)
24. Cafe Loren (Avalon)
25. Augie’s Omelette and Waffle House (Ocean City)
26. Ristorante Luciano (Stone Harbor)
27. Velo Cafe (Ventnor)
28. PJ Buckets Seafood (Ventnor)
29. Sandwich Bar (Ocean City)
30. Doo Wop Drive In (Wildwood Crest)
31. Yum Yums Ice Cream (Sea Isle City)
32. Chelsea Five Gastropub (Atlantic City)
33. Yvette’s Cafe (Stone Harbor)
34. Positively Fourth Street Cafe (Ocean City)
35. Primal by Mia Mia (Cape May)
36. Kuro (Atlantic City)
37. Brigantine Bistro (Brigantine)
38. Knife and Fork Inn (Atlantic City)
39. Sun’z Up Cafe (Wildwood Crest)
40. Tennessee Avenue Beer Hall (Atlantic City)
41. Steve and Cookie’s By The Bay (Margate)
42. Fishin’ Pier Grill South (Stone Harbor)
43. Mallon’s Homemade Sticky Buns (Ocean City)
44. 701 Mosaic (Ocean City)
45. Lemma’s Beach Grill (Wildwood Crest)
46. Smitty’s Clam Bar (Somers Point)
47. Brittany’s Cafe (Atlantic City)
48. Water Dog Smoke House (Ventnor)
49. Kelsey’s (Atlantic City)
50. CJs Corner Grill (Somers Point)
We can’t wait to hear your thoughts! Did one of your favorites make the list? Are any of your go-to spots missing? Share your thoughts with us on Yelp!
Don’t have Yelp on your phone yet? Download the app today and follow our newly created Top 50 Places To Eat Down The Shore on Yelp Collection to have this entire list available right in the palm of your hand!