Roll up your sleeves, spread out that sturdy ol’ brown paper, and buckle your bib closed ‘cause things are about to get dirty! Whether you’re a proud local or an excited tourist, it’s no secret that crab is more than a four-letter word in Baltimore. It doesn’t matter if you prefer to pick from the middle out or from the legs in, or whether you dip or dunk in butter, we’ve got you covered with the top businesses where you can get your whole steamed crab fixins’.
Keep scrolling to view the top 15 restaurants in Baltimore serving up your desired dozen. Better yet, bookmark this Collection to have the entire list at your Old Bay-covered fingertips. There’s even a handy map that shows where they’re each located, in the city and beyond!
Top places to grab your crabs this summer:
- Costas Inn – Baltimore
- L P Steamers – Baltimore
- Schultz’s Crab House – Essex
- The Point Crab House and Grill – Arnold
- Cantler’s Riverside Inn – Annapolis
- Seaside Restaurant & Crab House – Glen Burnie
- Blakes Crab House – Baltimore
- Conrad’s Seafood Restaurant – Perry Hall
- Anne Arundel Seafood – Pasadena
- Casey’s Crab – Laurel
- Mr Bill’s Terrace Inn – Essex
- Captain Dan’s Crabhouse – Eldersburg
- Mike’s Bar & Crab House – Riva
- Nicks Fish House – Baltimore
- Richard’s Fish and Crabs – Bel Air
Methodology: This is an all-time list of the best crab houses in the Greater Baltimore area according to Yelp. Yelp identified businesses in the restaurants and food categories with a large concentration of reviews mentioning relevant keywords, then ranked the crab houses using a number of factors including the total volume and ratings of reviews mentioning those keywords. The list looked at Baltimore City and Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Carroll, Harford and Howard counties.
Did your favorite make the list? Remember, we only know how good a spot is when people take the time to review it, so share your thoughts on Yelp and maybe your crabby favorites will be on our next roundup!