Biscuits in the south go together like… well biscuits and gravy! We love our buttery little circles with gravy, meats, eggs or anything else you can think of. To celebrate our tasty southern treat, we’re taking you on a tour of some of the best that Birmingham has to offer.
6. Bogue’s Restaurant – “The biscuits are dependable, the gravy tasty. I appreciate that the gravy is served on the side so you can jam up one biscuit half then smother the rest. I’ve never been disappointed here.” Yelper Kathryn D.
7. Chris Z’s – “The employees gave us a warm welcome (thanks Carly) and the loaded tots and homemade biscuit were mouth watering good!!” Yelper Courtney C.
8. Roots & Revelry – “Did I mention that they also do a great brunch? Biscuits and gravy, eggs benedict, mimosas, a delicious bloody mary, and an espresso machine for brewing up a charge of caffiene to get you going for the rest of the day.” Yelper Scott M.
9. The Yard – “I had the eggs, over medium with sausage, biscuit and gravy. The biscuit had a great texture and the gravy had great taste too. The eggs were just right and oozed perfectly in the center (great job).” Yelper Ryan M.
10. Alabama Biscuit Company – “Wonderful little place. Breakfast date with the hubs. Flakey, lovely biscuits, delicious coffee. Breakfast biscuit Sammie’s are so tasty. Good customer service. A sweet intimate and charming atmosphere.” Yelper Sheri C.
Methodology: This is an all-time list of the best biscuits in Birmingham according to Yelp. We identified businesses in the restaurant category with a large concentration of reviews mentioning derivatives of “biscuits,” then ranked those spots using a number of factors including the total volume and ratings of reviews mentioning those keywords. All businesses were marked open on Yelp as of April 1, 2021. When available, all businesses on this list have a passing health score as of April 1, 2021.