With Thanksgiving right around the corner, you might be one of millions gearing up for air travel. And while you likely have your sights set on mom’s magnificent mashed potatoes, there’s no need to prime that turkey day meal with a lackluster croissant or sad sandwich. We polled our Community Managers from around the country to determine the best eats at the 10 busiest airports across the U.S. Whether you crave celebrity chef tortas or a fresh bánh mì, feast your eyes and ready your bookmarks for some first class food.
Atlanta: ATL – Concourse A: Varsano’s Pizzeria
- Weary travelers can rejoice with Varsano’s delicious neapolitan pizzas, full bar and live piano.
- Yelp favorites: Margherita, Bufala & Coppa
Los Angeles: LAX – Terminal 5: Lemonade
- Whether you seek giant macaroons or a healthy alternative like fresh kale salad with blackened Ahi tuna, Lemonade covers the all tastebuds.
- Yelper favorites: Blood Orange Lemonade, Chicken Chili
Chicago: ORD – Terminals 1, 3, 5: Tortas Frontera
- Before you fly, feast on Rick Bayless’ celebrated south of the border sandwiches. You’ll feel like you’re en route to a Mexican vacation. Even if you’re only headed to Cleveland.
- Yelper favorites: Milanesa, Pepito
Dallas/Fort Worth: DFW – Terminal D: Báhn Shop
- In a rush? Stop into Báhn Shop for fast service and delicious Vietnamese and Thai fusion for palatable prices.
- Yelper favorites: Grilled Pork Meatball Báhn Mì, Drunken Noodles
New York: JFK – Terminal 4: Shake Shack
- If you’re going to make the calorie commitment of a burger and fries, skip the frozen patty version and get ye to Shake Shack – it reigns supreme. They’re even open for breakfast!
- Yelper favorites: Shack Burger, Sausage Egg & Cheese Breakfast Sandwich
Denver: DIA – Terminal C: Root Down
- Locals rejoiced when this celebrated hometown hot spot opened an airport location. Don’t miss their raved about cocktail menu!
- Yelper favorites: Lamb Sliders, Grilled Cheese
San Francisco: SFO – Terminal 2: Napa Farms Market
- Co-owned by acclaimed chef Tyler Florence, this place has everything you’d need while popping in and out of SFO: Napa wine, locally made artisanal treats, fresh pizzas, baked goods, and more.
- Yelper favorites: Live Fire Pizza, Kara’s Cupcakes
Charlotte: CLT – A/B Concourse: 1897 Market
- With local beers on tap, chef-driven menus, a raw bar, and a woodstone pizza oven, 1897 is the perfect spot to park it for that two hour “maintenance” delay.
- Yelper Favorites: Farmhouse Salad, Parmesan Fries
Las Vegas: LAS – Terminal 1: Rachel’s Kitchen
- Overindulged a bit on Thanksgiving eve? With a wide variety of juices, smoothies, and organic eats, Rachel’s Kitchen has the goods to cure all ails.
- Yelper favorites: Acai Berry Smoothie, Spinach Salad
Phoenix: PHX – Terminal 4: Olive & Ivy
- Dreading the in-flight meal options? Stop by Olive & Ivy for well-packaged and supremely tasty bites that will make you scoff at those sad snack boxes aboard.
- Yelper favorites: Breakfast Club, Mediterranean Salad