We’re raising a glass to Cherrity Bar x Ramen Bar! Our Yelp Elites came in left ecstatic thanks to the amazing concept behind Cherrity Bar x Ramen Bar! Donating to our favorite non-profits in town has never tasted better.
The Cherrity Bar x Ramen Bar is centered around giving back to nonprofits around the community. Each time guests make food and drink purchases, they receive tokens to cast their vote for one of three featured nonprofits that month. The charity with the most votes at the end of the month receives the most share of the profits from the bar. The Tourette Association of America receives 10% of the profits every month and the remaining 90% goes to the three competing charities in a 60/30/10% split to first, second, and third places, respectively. This concept had Yelp Elites ecstatic and wanting to buy rounds of drinks and food, because they knew they were doing their part within the community. The night kicked off with drinks, including some designed specifically for certain charities, Haven on Cherrity that was for Haven for Hope, the Salty Chihuahua for SA Pets Alive, and Sweet Home SA for Habitat for Humanity in the month of September. The Yelp Elites were then introduced to owners David and Pam Malley. They created the concept because their son has Tourette Syndrome, which inspired them to give back to people affected by Tourette, but that didn’t stop them there. They decided they would branch out to other nonprofits in the city, and give ALL of the money that came in, to these nonprofits.
Our Elites were split up into two groups, one group that had a buffet of appetizers and another group that was able to pick their appetizer and a bowl of ramen. Splitting up the elites into two groups created a more intimate setting for everyone, where conversations filled the rooms! The appetizers packed a punch with every bite! In the first room, gyoza, yakitori, tebasaki, pork dumplings, and cucumber sushi rolls just names a few of the appetizers served that had everyone’s mouths watering! Once the appetizers were served to the first room, the second room had the chance to order the appetizer they were craving. Once the second room finished their appetizers, ramen bowls were next on the lineup. With three savory options, Shoyu Ramen, Miso Ramen, and Yakisoba, there was something for everyone in the room! Guests in the first room were welcome to order ramen bowls as well, or walk around the patio, where music was being played by a local guitarist.
As the bowls were coming out, the smell of the ramen made everyone so eager to dive in! The ramen, appetizers, and drinks made for a perfect combination and had everyone feeling guilt free because after all, it was all for a great cause! The Cherrity Bar x Ramen Bar proved the only thing bigger than their ramen and drinks is their hearts! Thank you Cherrity Bar x Ramen Bar for such a great experience!
Special thanks to our sponsors –