Whether your chicken is paired with a side of waffles and maple syrup, piled high in a bucket, or served KFC-style (Korean fried chicken), there’s always something drool-worthy about the crunchiness of fried chicken. Fried chicken in its many forms vary at different price points and can be found typically coated in a delicious seasoned batter – pan-fried, deep fried, or pressure fried, making the chicken extra juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside. To celebrate National Fried Chicken Day on July 6, we’re calling attention to the best fried chicken shops in every state and Canada according to Yelp.
Though many states and provinces are currently in their reopening phases, the below shops are either open for dine-in or offering limited delivery, takeout, or curbside service as of July 1, 2020.
Are you ready for your fried, golden, and delicious adventure?
Here is Yelp’s top fried chicken spot in every state and Canada:
- Alaska (Anchorage): Roscoe’s Catfish & BBQ
- Alabama (Birmingham): Saw’s Soul Kitchen
- Arkansas (Little Rock): Cathead’s Diner
- Arizona (Page): BirdHouse
- California (Los Angeles): Sweet Blessings by Cyler
- Colorado (Denver): Denver Biscuit Co.
- Connecticut (New Haven): Sandra’s Next Generation
- DC (Washington): Roaming Rooster – Restaurant
- Delaware (Hockessin): Lettie’s Kitchen
- Florida (Jacksonville): The Hangar Bay Cafe & Gallery
- Georgia (Savannah): Mrs. Wilkes’ Dining Room
- Hawaii (Kaneohe): Adela’s Country Eatery
- Iowa (Des Moines): Bubba
- Idaho (Post Falls): Republic Kitchen+Taphouse
- Illinois (Chicago): S.K.Y.
- Indiana (Indianapolis): Shani’s Secret Chicken
- Kansas (Overland Park): BBQ Chicken
- Kentucky (Louisville): Biscuit Belly – Nulu
- Louisiana (New Orleans): Heard Dat Kitchen
- Massachusetts (East Hampton): Coco & The Cellar Bar
- Maryland (Baltimore): Ekiben
- Maine (Portland): N To Tail
- Michigan (Saugatuck): The Southerner
- Minnesota (Saint Paul): Revival – St. Paul
- Missouri (Saint Louis): Southern
- Mississippi (Laurel): The Pearl Diner
- Montana (Bozeman): Roost Fried Chicken
- North Carolina (Asheville): HomeGrown
- North Dakota (North River): Brew Bird
- Nebraska (Omaha): Block 16
- New Jersey (Atlantic City): Kelsey & Kim’s Southern Cafe
- New Mexico (Albuquerque): Nexus Brewery
- Nevada (Las Vegas): Mama Bird
- New York (Flushing): Mad For Chicken
- Ohio (Cincinnati) : Boomtown Biscuits & Whiskey
- Oklahoma (Oklahoma City): Nashbird
- Oregon (Portland): Screen Door
- Pennsylvania (Pittsburgh): Bae Bae’s Kitchen
- Rhode Island (Newport): Winner Winner
- South Carolina (Charleston): Boxcar Betty’s
- South Dakota (Sioux Falls): Bread & Circus Sandwich Kitchen
- Tennessee (Nashville): Monell’s Dining & Catering
- Texas (Dallas): Mike’s Chicken
- Utah (South Salt Lake): Chickqueen
- Virginia (Fairfax): Choong Man Chicken – Fairfax
- Vermont (Woodstock): Worthy Kitchen
- Washington (Seattle): S/T Hooligans
- Wisconsin (Waukesha): Tofte’s Table
- West Virginia (Charles Town): Rossy’s Place
- Wyoming (Teton Village): The Handle Bar
We can’t wait to hear your thoughts! Did one of your favorites not make the list? Or maybe you think our data nailed it? Share your thoughts with us on Yelp!
Don’t have Yelp on your phone yet? Download the app today and follow our newly created Top Fried Chicken Shops in Every State + Canada Yelp Collection to have this entire list available right at the palm of your hand!
Methodology: This is an all-time list of the best fried chicken in every state according to Yelp. We identified businesses in the restaurants and food categories with a large concentration of reviews mentioning “fried chicken,” then ranked those spots using a number of factors including the total volume and ratings of reviews mentioning “fried chicken.” When available, all businesses on this list have a passing health score or a score greater than a B/80 as of July 1, 2020.