Calgary yelpers partied it up science-style at TELUS Spark to celebrate the city's smokin' hot local scene and kick off Calgary's 5-day celebration of art, science and technology – Beakerhead! The snowy, September night was a smash-up of giant robots, 3-tonne tricycles, explosive science demonstrations, planetarium movies, local bands, DJs and of course, interactive experiences from some of Calgary's best businesses heating the local scene to white hot temperatures.
Yelp's Sparktacular Sponsors
- Beakerhead is an awesom smash-up of art, science and engineering.
- YYC Pizza Week - Sept 26 – Oct 5. 50 Restaurants + 50 Pizzas +3 Categories + Meals On Wheels. Prepare to eat some tasty pizza!
- Cherrywood Forno Providers of the incredible and portable wood fire pizza oven. Talk about upping your BBQ game with one of these!
- Scarpone's Italian Store for supplying the ingredients used in every single pizza pumped out at that evening.
- TELUS Spark Catering - You had us a bacon wrapped perogies! Book an event and get these guys to do the food. You already know it's out of this world!
- Tool Shed Brewery - Handcrafted beer, best served with a story. Did you know you met "Red Rage" and "Star Cheek" in person?
- Village Brewery - Beer. Backyards and Friends. Village Brewery is set on bringing Calgary closer together, one beer at a time.
- Tito's Handmade Vodka - Made in small batches in an old fashioned pot still by Tito himself. You already know it's great in lemonade.
- RumChata - Made with real dairy cream and has an unreal taste. Can't wait to try this in a latte!
– Diva Salon Spa - Over 21 years and 7 locations; Diva's loving commitment to both their customers and the environment makes them beautiful on the inside and out.
- Federation of Beer - Straight out of Vulcan Alberta, Their brews are both out of this world and official Star Fleet!
- eatART Foundation Daisy: The 3 Tonne Solar Powered Tricycle. Incredible sophisticated art and environmental education.
- The Costume Shoppe - Extraordinary selection that will keep you cool, quirky and costumed for every occasion!
- Breathe Parkour - A flippin' fun way to keep fit! Calgary's only parkour gym with the largest foam pit in Calgary. They bring the 90's motto "keep fit and have fun" to the modern day.
- Give A Mile - Change a life with your travel rewards. Give a mile lets you donate your rewards directly to people hoping to visit terminally ill friends and family. A loving cause and it doesn't cost a dime.
– Maclin Ford - Maclin Ford is a tradition in Alberta! As Calgary's Used Car source and Ford dealership, Maclin Ford has been making drivers happy since 1917.