When it comes to celebrating Latinx culture, the rich traditions of food, community, and music connect the over 30 countries that represent both Latin American and Hispanic communities.
There are many styles of Latin music such as cumbia from Colombia, merengue from the Dominican Republic, banda from Mexico, and the increasingly popular reggaeton genre. According to the Recording Industry Association Of America (RIAA), Latin music continues to grow faster than the overall market since 2019.
To celebrate the rhythms that unite Latinx communities, we tapped into our Yelp Community Managers to find popular places across the US and Canada where you can listen to Latin music. From iconic live music venues, to restaurants turned dance floors and all the nightclubs in-between, check out 25 places to listen to Latin music. Our advice is to make sure to put on your dancing shoes before you go!
¡El ritmo te esta llamando! The rhythm calling you! Will you answer by visiting one of these spots?
25 places to listen to Latin music in the US and Canada
Please note: this list is organized alphabetically
- Azucar – Edmonton, AB, Canada
- Arjon’s International Club – San Antonio, TX
- Ball & Chain – Miami, FL
- Cafe Salsera – Dallas, TX
- Casa Citron – Washington, DC
- Casa Flamenca – Albuquerque, NM
- Casta’s Rum Bar – Washington, DC
- Casa Sevilla – San Diego, CA
- Club Tropicana – Houston, TX
- Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar – Orlando, FL
- Don Coqui – White Plains, NY
- El Floridita – Los Angeles, CA
- El Tucan – Miami, FL
- Gonzalez y Gonzalez – New York, NY
- Havana Club – Atlanta, GA
- La Descarga – Los Angeles, CA
- La Granada – Los Angeles, CA
- La Havana 59 – Moonachie, NJ
- Lula Lounge – Toronto, ON
- Mango’s – Orlando, FL
- Ruma Room – Memphis, TN
- Sound of Brazil – New York, NY
- The Mayan – Los Angeles, CA
- Yukka Latin Bistro – Bronx, NY
- West Gate Lounge – Nyack, NY
Did your favorite venue make it into the list? Let us know on Twitter and Instagram. Remember, we only know how good a spot is if you take the time to review it. So share your thoughts on Yelp, and maybe your favorites will be on next year’s list!