This year, Yelp Cleveland is proud to be a media sponsor of the 2017 Brite Winter Festival in the Flats West Bank. There may be snow, there may be a thunderstorm, but it’s Cleveland, and we think you should go play outside. With 40+ bands across 6 indoor/outdoor stages, 30+ visual artists, and plenty of booze, what’s not to love?
Brite Winter started with a simple idea: Clevelanders shouldn’t hibernate in the winter and celebrating winter is a whole lot better than just tolerating it. With Brite Winter on the horizon this Saturday, February 18, we’re bringing you 10 ways to make your experience even brighter at Cleveland’s premier free winter fest:
- With 40 bands performing, there’s no time like the present to fall in love with a local band. Hip-hop? Drumline? Angsty singer-songwriters? Check. Take a peek at the 2017 Music Schedule to plan your night. One of our top picks: Ottawa, the local indie rockers, will be debuting new music on the main stage at 8:50pm.
- Don’t be scared if you see a giant monster running around the Flats. His name is Fluri, and he’s the androgynous snow Yeti created by local artist Randy Crider. Fluri is a friendly Yeti, so give him a high-five when you see him.
- Speaking of Fluri, local brewery Platform Beer Co. is the official beer sponsor for Brite 2017. They’ve created a special brew for the evening: Fluri’s Tips Pale Ale. If you’re a beer connoisseur, you’ll love the spruce tips from Colorado boiled into a tropical aroma.
- Brite Winter may be known for music, but don’t miss the art: Luminous Winter Luau, Dayglo Experience, Frozen Fiesta, and Northern KaLightoscope art tents will be waiting for you with fire dancers, live artist murals, and ice carvings. Get your camera ready!
- No, your eyes aren’t deceiving you. “Brite” is intentionally misspelled to reflect the unique makers and musicians in Cleveland. While strolling the festival, visit the artisan vendors featured in each of the warming tents to do a little shopping.
- Parking may be tight in the neighborhood, but you can hop on the free Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority shuttle at the West 25th and Settlers Landing stops to arrive right at the festival.
- Brite Winter is the one place where partying like a rock star is encouraged. Aloft Cleveland Downtown is ready to make that happen with a hotel package complete with local bites and access to the VIP lounge. If you’re ready to channel your inner rockstar, this is a solid start.
- After spending all night listening to music with a beer in hand, visit a food truck for your munchies. Barrio, Manna Truck, Swensons, Cleveland Espresso, Wholly Frijoles, Slyman’s Tavern, A Taste of Nawln’s, Native Hill Coffee, Brewnuts, Cleveland Pickle, and Graeter’s Ice Cream (yes, ice cream in winter) are all ready with noshes.
- If you can’t get enough of the music, stop by Jukebox before or after the festival to spin local Brite bands from their jukebox. While you’re there, check out their pierogis and mouthwatering new menu items!
- If you’re feeling the Cleveland love, sign-up to volunteer for Brite. If you’re really feeling the love, consider becoming a part of the team. Brite Winter doesn’t just appear. More than 40 community members work year-round to help make Brite Winter a reality, and you can be a part of it. If you’re interested in joining a committee, send an email to the organizers.
Photos by Ken Blaze Photography