Seattle’s burgeoning Eastside is the Pacific Northwest’s newest foodie metropolis, including a growing list of restaurants offering tasty plant-based options. These are 10 vegan dishes you’ll want to try in the 425.
- Vegetable dumplings—Dough Zone (Kirkland and multiple Eastside locations)
Filled with fresh baby bok-choy, mushrooms, glass noodles, and tofu.
- Vegan shroomz taco—Lifted Taco (Woodinville)
Featuring local and seasonal mushrooms, avocado puree, red slaw, and microgreens inside a fresh, house-made corn tortilla.
- Sichuan green beans—Wild Ginger (Bellevue)
A favorite for vegans and non-vegans, featuring fresh green beans stir fried with just the right amount of heat.
- Lemon cilantro hummus—The Cottage (Bothell)
Served with warm pita bread and assorted crudités, this house-made hummus is a happy hour favorite at this cozy Bothell bistro that was just named one of Yelp’s Top 100 Places to Eat in the US for 2022!
- Caramelized eggplants in clay pot—Blossom Vegetarian (Renton)
Sliced eggplant is seared to perfection and served alongside fried tofu, straw mushrooms, black pepper, and coconut juice.
- Daal tadka—Kanishka Cuisine of India (Redmond)
This classic Indian dish features yellow lentils cooked to perfection with onion, ginger, tomatoes, and garlic.
- Fresh rolls—Araya’s Place (Bellevue)
Featuring tofu, basil, lettuce, carrots, mint, cabbage, bean sprouts, mint, green onions, and cilantro wrapped in a tapioca sheet and served with tamarind sauce.
- Vegan satay with peanut sauce—Teapot Vegetarian House (Redmond)
Seasoned and then skewered on a bamboo stick, this popular Malaysian-style vegan dish is served alongside a sweet, house-made vegan peanut sauce.
- Banh mi burger—Plantiful Superfoods (Kirkland)
This house-made lemongrass patty is served atop a fresh roll and topped with house pickled daikon carrot, pickled red cabbage, cilantro, jalapenos, plant-based mayo, and umami sauce.
- Everything edamame hummus—Lounge by TopGolf (Kirkland)
This legendary appy features edamame, everything seasoning, and lime.