New Yelp features and resources go live regularly; the latest additions include updates and additions to our Yelp Waitlist app for restaurants and our new Trust & Safety site.
Be sure to keep consumers up to date on the latest by logging in to your Yelp Page and making updates to communicate your hours, operations, offerings, and safety measures.
Meanwhile, check out the latest updates to Yelp for Business.
New restaurant features
With consumer interest in takeout continuing to be strong, our Yelp for Restaurants team recently introduced a number of new features to help your front-of-house operations.
Managing takeout with Waitlist
A new takeout feature in Yelp Waitlist helps you efficiently manage takeout orders and communicate safely with consumers through SMS, ensuring a seamless front-of-house and diner experience.
Yelp Waitlist customers can now find the new takeout feature in their Waitlist app. For restaurants with nine or fewer locations, the takeout feature is available at no additional cost and for restaurants with 10 or more locations, pricing will vary.
Profiles, POS integration, and analytics
Other updates to Waitlist are designed to help you reach customers in more effective ways and create more tailored marketing experiences.
- Guest Profiles: With this update, you can add important guest information—like seating preferences and dietary restrictions—so staff can provide a more personalized experience for diners.
- Point of Sale (POS) integration: This combines additional diner information with the Guest Profile for a more complete digital picture of guests and to help with table management by automatically updating your host when a check is paid. The POS integration is currently available at an added charge for Waitlist customers. Check out this video for more info.
- Upgraded analytics: These enhancements give you more ways to view and monitor restaurant performance. You can see trends over time and view information on average wait times grouped by days of the week, average table turn times, and diners seated by source.
More about our new features for restaurants: Yelp Releases New Restaurant Product Features to Address Industry Shifts and New Consumer Behaviors
There are many Yelp tools available to help your business stand out to people who are looking for a local business like yours. Our new Upgrade Package combines all our best tools for capturing consumer attention while they’re searching and converting them into new customers.
With upgrades like more eye-catching visual features and the ability to remove competitor ads from your page, the Upgrade Package gives you everything you need to showcase your expertise and look more professional on Yelp.
The package also includes Yelp Connect, which puts you in front of an even larger audience. Connect allows businesses to post updates and share recent news; those posts are then featured on your Yelp Page and promoted by Yelp on the consumer app home page and in weekly email digests targeting consumers who are interested in your type of business.
The Upgrade Package is available now—log in to your Yelp account and click on the Page Upgrades tab to learn more about what’s included and try it out.
Trust & Safety site
Yelp’s mission is to connect consumers with great local businesses like yours. We recently published a new Trust & Safety site to explain the steps we take to earn the trust of our community of consumers and business owners, so Yelp can be truly helpful for everyone.
On the site, you can learn more about topics including our recommendation software, Consumer Alerts, content moderation, and health and safety data.
Keep up with the latest by following us:
- @YelpforBusiness on Instagram (new!)
- @YelpforBusiness on Twitter
- @YelpforRestaurants on Instagram
- @YelpRestaurants on Twitter
Looking for other new features and enhancements? Check out our past updates:
The information above is provided for educational and informational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice and may not be suitable for your circumstances. Unless stated otherwise, references to third-party links, services, or products do not constitute endorsement by Yelp.