Check out the latest launches and enhancements for Yelp for Business, including a new Events section, Yelp Connect enhancements, and more.
Events section on Yelp for Business
This newest section of the Yelp for Business site features a mix of upcoming live events and on-demand recordings. Register for future events and add them to your calendar, and check out our collection of recorded webinars—from creating the killer business pitch to using photos to drive sales.
Secure your spot for these upcoming virtual events:
- Thursday, March 24: Yelp’s Women in Business Summit
- Thursday, April 21: Success on Yelp: Free and Paid Tools
Yelp Connect enhancements
At its core, Yelp Connect allows you to communicate with customers via custom updates on your Yelp Business Page. The newest improvements to Yelp Connect include:
- Tailored post templates with example text to help you write compelling, engaging and effective content; it’s easy to customize for things like seasonal moments and offers
- An improved unified setup flow on mobile that guides you on how to make your page most impactful, including creating your first Connect post
Yelp Ads updates
You’re now able to optimize the specific keywords that matter most to you. With keyword boosting, you can direct more of your Yelp advertising budget to selected keywords to reach high intent audiences more effectively than ever before.
Custom location targeting (CLT)
CLT is now available for all eligible businesses. This feature helps businesses in the home and local services categories customize the geographic area where ads appear. This helps your business show up in the area you service (vs. in the area where your office is located).
Smarter budgeting recommendations
The Yelp Ads budgeting feature has been enhanced to help you get the most value for your ad dollars by leveraging additional data points like rating, category, listing age, region, and more to help you make even more informed budget recommendations.
Read more about these advertising updates.
Trust & Safety Report for 2021
The 2021 Trust & Safety Report showcases many ways Yelp is helping level the playing field for all businesses while building and maintaining customer trust. Highlights include:
- More than 19.6 million reviews were contributed to Yelp in 2021; about 71% were recommended by our automated recommendation software, 22% were not recommended, and 6% were removed for violating Yelp’s policies or by reviewers themselves
- 15,500+ reviews were removed by Yelp for violating our COVID-19 content guidelines, protecting businesses from unfair reviews related to the pandemic
- 1,850+ Consumer Alerts were placed on Yelp Business Pages to warn people of extreme attempts to manipulate ratings and reviews
Yelp Business Blog newsletter
This biweekly newsletter delivers expert insights to your inbox, from handling difficult customers to responding to reviews. Get the latest news, advice, and tips from the blog to help you start, run and grow your business—plus get info on virtual events (both live and on demand), the occasional freebie, and more.
To get on the list, enter your email in the sign-up box below.
Keep up with the latest by following us:
- @YelpforBusiness on Instagram
- @YelpforBusiness on Twitter
- @YelpforRestaurants on Instagram
- @YelpRestaurants on Twitter
Looking for other new features and enhancements? Check out our past updates:
The information above is provided for educational and informational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice and may not be suitable for your circumstances. Unless stated otherwise, references to third-party links, services, or products do not constitute endorsement by Yelp.