To celebrate Latinx Heritage Month and the rich, vibrant culture of this community, we compiled some of our best resources and tips to help Latinx-owned businesses succeed and thrive—now and throughout the entire year.
“Latinx-owned” business attribute
Business owners with Latinx heritage can add the “Latinx-owned” attribute to display on their Yelp Page. This free, searchable attribute helps consumers find and support local businesses of color.
How to add “Latinx-owned” to your Yelp Page
- Log in to Yelp for Business (Business Information tab)
- In the Amenities section, click Add or Edit
- Select Yes next to “Latinx-owned”
- Click Save Changes
There are many terms commonly used to describe people of Latinx heritage. Before selecting “Latinx-owned” as the inclusive, gender-neutral label for this new attribute, we did research, polled Latinx Yelp employees, and spoke to members of the Latinx community and groups such as the U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce and our partner Momento Latino.
Check out these impactful things you can do on your Yelp Business Page to communicate with your customers, increase business, and more.
- A simple guide to showcasing your business online
- How to add a business to Yelp
- Claiming your Yelp Page
- Tips for responding to reviews on Yelp
- Preparing to reopen: 7 free Yelp Page updates you should make
- 5 common mistakes to avoid when setting up your Yelp Page
- How to set holiday and special hours on Yelp
Yelp 101 webinar in Spanish
Join this free, virtual event, led in Spanish, to hear about the most helpful free and paid tools and features on Yelp. Taking place on Wednesday, Oct. 6 at 1 p.m. PT (4 p.m. ET), the webinar will cover:
- COVID resources and the most important information in the eyes of your potential customers
- Yelp’s free tools plus information on the newest features
- What’s new with Yelp Ads and Page Upgrades
Did you know?
- You can change the language on yelp.com, biz.yelp.com, and blog.yelp.com?
- All businesses that select the “Latinx-owned” attribute will be sent a free window decal in the mail (eligible for businesses with a physical location listed on Yelp).
- You can access Yelp customer support articles in Spanish. We also have Spanish-speaking representatives available to help. Log in to your Yelp for Business for contact information, and follow the prompts or ask for a Spanish-speaking contact.
The information above is provided for educational and informational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice and may not be suitable for your circumstances. Unless stated otherwise, references to third-party links, services, or products do not constitute endorsement by Yelp.