Los Reyes Carne Asada Burrito – Photo By Paty V
In case you haven’t heard, Yelp is celebrating 15 wonderful years of connecting people with great local businesses. To honor this momentous occasion, we’ve narrowed down 15 of the hottest new businesses in or near the downtown grid.
Sacramento is experiencing a renaissance and the heart of our city is booming. Awesome local hot spots are surfacing on a weekly basis. With so much to choose from, let Yelp be your guide towards the latest and greatest additions to the business scene. From soul food eateries and nurseries to speakeasy-style hideaways, this list has it all. And for your reading pleasure, each of these newbies has at least 15 reviews to peruse!
Methodology: This is a list of businesses that fall under the “Hot and New” category on Yelp, specifically in or in neighborhoods surrounding the area commonly known as the “Downtown Grid.” We identified businesses across a number of categories with at least 15 reviews, then ranked those spots using a number of factors including overall star rating. Each business has been open for three months or less. This list is specifically limited to Sacramento, California.
1. Fixins Soul Kitchen (Oak Park)
2. Yume Gelato (East Sacramento)
3. Gai ‘N Rice (Land Park)
4. Tacoa Tacos Y Tequila (East Sacramento)
5. Tropics Alehouse Midtown (Midtown)
6. Kiki’s Chicken Place Downtown (Midtown)
7. Mo’Betta finger foods (Oak Park)
8. Roots Coffee (Downtown)
9. BAWK! fried chicken (Downtown)
10. Frank (Midtown)
11. Temple Coffee Roasters (Midtown)
12. Hao Bao Dumplings (Downtown)
13. Spicy Dragon (South Sacramento)
14. Propagate (Midtown)
15. Los Reyes Mexican Food (Oak Park)
Like this list? Have it at your fingertips by following our “15 Hot N’ New Hotspots For 15 Years” collection on Yelp. And of course, visit each spot on the list and show them love afterwards!
For more info on all that’s new in Sac, follow us on Instagram.