This interview is part of a series celebrating Cuban-American business owners in Miami. For the full list, click here.
+ What does Miami mean to you and why is it so important?
- Miami is the world to me. Have my mother here, all my friends, all my relationships. This is the best city in the country. No doubt about it.
+ How did you get started with your business?
- Which career? Honestly, everything life throws my way, I look at a unique challenge or goal and simply try it. Instead of the pre-determined tracks out there, give it a shot and you just might find a hidden talent or create your own blend of a career if you will. Get out of your comfort zone and don’t be a warmduscher.
+ What are some of your recent successes?
- The sold out, immersive theater that is The Amparo Experience is definitely the highlight of my career so far. The connections, the people, the EXPERIENCE. Magical is not enough to describe it.
+ Who are some of your favorite businesses in CITY?
- My favorite business are the ones that are like the mom and pop shop that grow and succeed. Phuc Yea, Azucar Ice Cream, Sanguich de Miami
+ Any advice for others out there who’d like to start their own business?
- Be yourself. Truly. Stop trying be like others or putting others on a higher pedestal “wishing you were this or did that”. Just be the best Gio in the world (in my case). And guess what, no one will out Gio Gio. Feel me?